I dread the end of summer like a 4th grader. It’s not that I have to go back to sitting in the boring classroom (I actually liked school, unlike other kids). It’s because it’s the end of all the peaches, plums and other berries. So in the last burst of summer stone fruit that hits the market, I buy up bags of them and then proceed to make desserts and dishes with them as fast as I can to savor their fleeting flavor. I adore making galettes because they are fast and easy and the more rustic and handmade they look, the more elegant they look! It’s a win-win situation if you ask me. So I slide my parchment paper with the galette onto the Anolon 11 x 17 cookie pan and baked one of my last desserts with peaches and plums. Until next year summer fruit! (Get the recipe over at the Anolon site).
THE FOLLOWING GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! Thank you all for entering.
As a special thanks to all you readers, I’m also working with Anolon to do a big giveaway! I’m giving away all four pieces of cookware that I used to create my recipes to one lucky reader! Included in this giveaway are:
Anolon Advanced 2 Quart Covered Saucepan which I made my New England Inspired Shrimp Summer Rolls
Anolon Vesta 3 Quart Oval Au Gratin, in Paprika Red which I used to make my Summer Squash Au Gratin.
Anolon Advanced 14-inch French Skillet which I made the Spice Rubbed Pork Chops with Maple Blueberry Sauce.
Anolon Advanced 11 x 17 Cookie Sheet which I used for the Plum and Peach Galette above.
All you need to enter is to leave a comment below and tell me your favorite memory from this past summer! It can be a vacation, an awesome meal, or just a great evening of hanging out in your living room and binge watching a TV show. You have until Monday, September 28th to enter! (Only one entry per person please.)
The Fine Print
By leaving a comment below to enter, you are agreeing to the Official Rules.
▪ NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
▪ VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
▪ You must be over the age of 18.
▪ This contest is only open to U.S. Citizens. Sorry non-US people!
▪ The contest starts as of today, and will run until Monday, September 28th, 2015, 9am PST.
▪ The combined retail value of everything is about $191.97.
▪ Only one entry per person please. Any additional comments by the same person will be discarded in the final selection process.
▪ The winner will be chosen by a randomly selected comment. All comments will be numbered and I will use Random.org to pick a random number.
▪ The number of eligible comments below determines the odds of winning.
▪ If there’s a problem with contacting the winner, I reserve the right to award everything to someone else randomly chosen. So in other words, make sure you type in your correct email address if you want the cookware and respond within 72 hours to me when I contact you or I’ll give everything to someone else.
▪ The prize is being delivered directly from Anolon or their parent company. If they have not delivered the prize to you within three weeks of me notifying you of winning, please reach out to me again and I will do follow up to make sure everything is OK. Please keep in mind we are all human and things happen. I will do everything within my power to make sure the prize is delivered in a timely manner.
A special thanks for Anolon for sponsoring this post and this awesome giveaway. I’m teaming up with them for the next three months to create recipes for their site for the fall and winter! Follow their hashtag #HolidayHosting for more recipes and fun! I was compensated for developing the recipe on their site as well as this post and all Anolon products were provided by them. However all opinions above are totally my own and are not endorsed by Anolon.