Though I love brining my turkey (and really, any meat now that I think of it) because it creates a wonderfully juicy turkey, I’m usually loathe having to deal with the giant ziplock bag and the gallons of water that I need to struggle with. Then I discovered the wonders of the dry brine! A simple sprinkling of salt and some seasonings (I added brown sugar, black pepper and lemon zest) and I’m done! A few days in the fridge uncovered, and I have a turkey that is flavorful and moist, with the added bonus of a super crispy skin all without the struggles of gallons of salty water to deal with! Check out instructions for my Lemon Dry Brined Roasted Turkey with Sage over at the Anolon website.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! THANKS FOR ALL WHO ENTERED!
As a special thanks to all you readers, I’m also working with Anolon to do a big giveaway! I’m giving away all four pieces of cookware that I used to create my recipes to one lucky reader! Included in this giveaway are: Anolon Advanced Umber 12-inch Skillet which I use to make my Turkey Meatballs in Cranberry Sauce Anolon Vesta Stoneware 3 Qt. Oval Casserole which I used to make my Sweet Potato Casserole with Meringue Topping Anolon Advanced Umber 3.5 Qt Covered Casserole which I used to make my Wild Mushroom and Leek Sourdough Stuffing Anolon Tri Ply Roasting Pan which I used to roast both my Herbes de Provence Roasted Turkey and my Lemon Dry Brined Turkey with Sage. Anolon Vesta Stoneware 9×13 Vesta which I used to make my Apple Cobbler with Pumpkin Biscuits.
And both the Anolon Advanced Umber 8 quart stockpot and Anolon Advanced Umber 8-inch french skillet which I used to make my Rosemary Garlic Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes. That a serious prize package! All you need to enter is to leave a comment below and tell me your favorite Thanksgiving dish! Easy right? Everyone loves Thanksgiving food! You have until Monday, November 16th to enter! (Only one entry per person please.) The Fine Print
By leaving a comment below to enter, you are agreeing to the Official Rules.
▪ NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
▪ VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
▪ You must be over the age of 18.
▪ This contest is only open to U.S. Citizens. Sorry non-US people!
▪ The contest starts as of today, and will run until Monday, November 16, 2015, 9am PST.
▪ The combined retail value of everything is about $423.93.
▪ Only one entry per person please. Any additional comments by the same person will be discarded in the final selection process.
▪ The winner will be chosen by a randomly selected comment. All comments will be numbered and I will use Random.org to pick a random number.
▪ The number of eligible comments below determines the odds of winning.
▪ If there’s a problem with contacting the winner, I reserve the right to award everything to someone else randomly chosen. So in other words, make sure you type in your correct email address if you want the cookware and respond within 72 hours to me when I contact you or I’ll give everything to someone else.
▪ The prize is being delivered directly from Anolon or their parent company. If they have not delivered the prize to you within three weeks of me notifying you of winning, please reach out to me again and I will do follow up to make sure everything is OK. Please keep in mind we are all human and things happen. I will do everything within my power to make sure the prize is delivered in a timely manner.
A special thanks to Anolon for sponsoring this amazing giveaway! I’m teaming up with Anolon for the holidays to create recipes for their site for the fall and winter! Follow their hashtag #HolidayHosting for more recipes and fun! I was compensated for developing the recipe on their site as well as this post and all Anolon products were provided by them. However all opinions above are totally my own and are not endorsed by Anolon.