This gorgeous celebratory cake is made with sparkling wine and gin in the buttercream frosting, making it perfect for a New Year’s Party!
A special thanks to Anolon for sponsoring this recipe and giveaway! I’m teaming up with Anolon for the months of October, November and December in 2015 to create recipes for their site! Follow their hashtag #HolidayHosting for more recipes and fun! A special thanks to Anolon for sponsoring this post. I was compensated for developing the recipe on their site as well as this post and all Anolon products were provided by them. However all opinions are totally my own and are not endorsed by Anolon.
New Year’s eve has always been closely linked to bubbly and champagne so nothing scream a New Year’s celebratory dessert like a champagne cake! Though I don’t drink very often, I love to make baked goods and desserts with champagne and alcohol. So I added a touch of gin to the buttercream frosting as well, to give the cake a bit of a French 75 cocktail twist. Visit the Anolon website to get my recipe for Champagne Cake with Gin Buttercream Frosting and Happy New Years everyone! I’m so looking forward to 2016!
[THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL WHO ENTERED!]
GIVEAWAY! As a special thanks to all you readers, I’m also working with Anolon to do one last big giveaway! I’m giving away the cookware and bakeware that I used to create my New Year’s Menu to one lucky reader! Included in this giveaway are: The Anolon nouvelle copper 3-quart covered saute pan with helper handle that I used to make my Crab and Bacon Beignets with Harissa Aioli. The Anolon nouvelle copper stainless steel 4-quart covered chef casserole that I used to make my Rabbit and Root Vegetable Stew. The Anolon Nouvelle Copper 12-inch French Skillet that I used to make the Spinach and Candied Walnut Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette as well as the 3-piece Teak wood salad bowl and serving set that I made the salad in. That’s a whole lot of awesome cookware, bakeware and serving set! All you need to enter is to leave a comment below and tell me what your new year’s resolution is! Easy Breezy. It doesn’t have to be a major one. It could as simple as telling me that you plan on having more fun in the new year! You have until Monday, January 4th, 2016 9am PST to enter! (Only one entry per person please.) The Fine Print
By leaving a comment below to enter, you are agreeing to the Official Rules.
▪ NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
▪ VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
▪ You must be over the age of 18.
▪ This contest is only open to U.S. Citizens. Sorry non-US people!
▪ The contest starts as of today, and will run until Monday, January 4th, 2016, 9am PST.
▪ The combined retail value of everything is about $419.97.
▪ Only one entry per person please. Any additional comments by the same person will be discarded in the final selection process.
▪ The winner will be chosen by a randomly selected comment. All comments will be numbered and I will use Random.org to pick a random number.
▪ The number of eligible comments below determines the odds of winning.
▪ If there’s a problem with contacting the winner, I reserve the right to award everything to someone else randomly chosen. So in other words, make sure you type in your correct email address if you want the cookware and respond within 72 hours to me when I contact you or I’ll give everything to someone else.
▪ The prize is being delivered directly from Anolon or their parent company. If they have not delivered the prize to you within three weeks of me notifying you of winning, please reach out to me again and I will do follow up to make sure everything is OK. Please keep in mind we are all human and things happen. I will do everything within my power to make sure the prize is delivered in a timely manner.