Joining NaBloPoMo for the month of November

by Irvin on November 1, 2013 · 22 comments

A month of posts, wherein I, Irvin Lin of Eat the Love pledge to post every single day for the month of November. I may have made a huge mistake. | www.eatthelove.com | NaBloPoMo

In the immortal words of G.O.B. from Arrested Development: “I think I’ve made a huge mistake.” I joined NaBloPoMo for the month of November. What does that mean? That means I’ll be posting a on this blog EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. for the month of November. I’ve thought about it for the past few years but I’ve never bitten the bullet and done it. Not until now that is. Now not every post will be food related or recipe based. I’m not that insane. But expect some change of pace stuff to happen here on Eat the Love, including more recipes, more photos and more fun. Also, expect me to be a little cranky as I’ll be struggling to keep up with the challenge. You have been forewarned.

For more information, you can visit the official NaBloPoMo site run and sponsored by BlogHer as well as the unofficial guide to NaBloPoMo!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife November 1, 2013 at 6:35 am

High-five Irvin. Sending positive vibes your way, and I can’t wait to see what your cook/write/photograph-up! (PS. New to your site and moderately obsessed. I love your style.)

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Thanks Erin! Glad you stopped by and are enjoying my tiny corner of the internet!

Mandy November 1, 2013 at 8:48 am

Nobody said it had to be a quality post.

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 2:09 pm

LOL. True. But ALL my posts are quality! ;)

merry jennifer November 1, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Oh, man. I’ve been debating doing the very same, but I’m just not sure I’m brave enough (crazy enough? strong enough?) to make that commitment. I’m excited to watch as you power through this month, though, Irvin. You’ll inspire me, I’m certain.

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Do it! DO. IT! I’ve been trying to figure out if I wanted to do it or not for the past couple of days. I finally decided to commit…

Pat Fusco November 1, 2013 at 1:11 pm

This will be a great experience for you…..honest. And we’ll get to spend a little time with you every day, which is wonderful. Onward!!

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Thanks Pat! I’m looking forward to it (with a little trepidation)…

Nicole November 1, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Although my first post isn’t published yet, I’m doing this as well. It’ll be fun! I think.

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Yay! I totally agree. It’ll be fun. I think. ;)

Sabrina Modelle November 1, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I love that you’re doing it too! Yay! Nicole, yay! and MJ, you should totally do it.

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Yay! You and Sean actually inspired me. I had been thinking about doing it for the past couple of years but I never committed.

And hopefully by the end of this month, I won’t have to be committed…

Winnie November 1, 2013 at 3:26 pm

You crack me up. I’ve committed to this insanity, as well…good luck to us both!

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I’m excited for both of us! It’s going to be a grand adventure! (with very little sleep on my part)

Chrisnelle November 1, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Awesome! I’ve been following your blog for some time now and I am exited to see what you come up with this month. Also, you’ve inspired me to follow suit, and I’ve just signed up to do it too. :)

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I’m excited to see what I come up with too! Ha! I’m so excited that you’re joining in on the fun too!

Sam @ The Second Lunch November 1, 2013 at 9:26 pm

11:58 pm, and I pressed publish. Usually I can do this type of thing if I don’t make a big deal about it :) We shall see what happens.

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Yes, but in my heart of hearts, you belong here in San Francisco. That means it’s only 8:58pm!

Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out November 1, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I’m so excited for you! After hearing Carrie’s positive feedback about her 30 days of pumpkin experiment, I think this could turn out to be really fun for you. I’ll be following along and interested to hear what you think at the end of it! (And maybe you’ll give me the push I need to do something similar)

Irvin November 1, 2013 at 11:10 pm

They actually host a NaBloPoMo event every month, but the big one is always in November. I hope I survive it! And if you do it, I’ll be cheering along!

Miss Kim @ behgopa November 2, 2013 at 2:42 am

Haha I look forward to reading your daily posts. I’m curious to find out what non food related things you will blog about. How about things you hate? Lol

Tracy Z November 4, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Looks like November is going to be lots of content to look forward to. Happy November!