Photo Essay: Yosemite National Park, Part 1

by Irvin on January 31, 2013 · 12 comments

Yosemite National Park by Irvin Lin of Eat the Love. www.eatthelove.com

Yosemite National Park is one of those magical places that I could never get tired of. While there, AJ and I often wondered if the rangers and national park employees ever stop being in awe of their surroundings. After working there all season long, does Half Dome just become another ho-hum backdrop? Are the numerous waterfalls around the park just something to glance at while getting from home to work? Do the deer, birds and other wildlife just become a nuisance to the employees after the novelty wears off? I can’t imagine it does, but then I’m a city boy; one that is awe of nature and all that it brings (though you can keep the bugs and insects – I’m not a fan of those). While in Yosemite, AJ and I walked around, craning our necks as we hiked, stretching our sore muscles as we trampled through meadows and trails, and bandaged blisters and cuts that we got from our ill-fitting cheap hiking boots (we have since bought decent ones). But it was all worth it.

[This is part one of a two-part post. I had a bit of trouble editing down the photos (hey we took over 1200 of them), so expect more Yosemite photos next Thursday. And while you at it, if you haven’t already done so, check out the granola that I brought along on our hike in my previous blog post.]

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough January 31, 2013 at 7:15 am

Oh my goodness, Irvin, these photos! I want to go to there!

NJOSWIM February 18, 2014 at 7:42 am

EVERYONE must put Yosemite on their BUCKET LISTS!
…and to answer your question, Irvin, the long time employees NEVER tire of
Their surroundings. We were there for two years and I always felt like I was in a dream, or on a Hollywood Set!
STUNNING!

Adina | Gluten Free Travelette January 31, 2013 at 9:56 am

Gorgeous photos! These are making me miss living in California! (A hard task to accomplish!)

Sarah | The Cyclist's Wife January 31, 2013 at 10:05 am

Beautiful photos! I love, love, love Yosemite. My husband and I are planning to hike part of the Pacific Crest Trail this summer and we chose a section that runs through Yosemite just so we can experience it through a different angle. I can’t wait! P.S. If you are a national park lover, please check out Grand Teton national park. It is also amazing!

Ryan January 31, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Gorgeous photos! I can’t wait to get back to Yosemite – it’s one of the only places where I’ve ever been able to let go, breathe, and relax.

penny January 31, 2013 at 12:29 pm

beautiful work, love the last image!

thechocolatehog February 1, 2013 at 2:23 am

Love the photos! Yosemite has been on my bucket list for years. Hope to get there someday.

Melissa February 1, 2013 at 9:44 am

Ok, whoa! Those photos are insane! I haven’t been back to Yosemite in years, but I’m putting together a “life list” and climbing half dome is on it. Your photos have just affirmed that that was the right choice…for the beauty at least…my endurance will be another matter altogether…

Arthur in the Garden! February 1, 2013 at 12:35 pm

The last photo is the best! :-)

Louise @ AncestralChef February 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Those are some great photos – I love how you were able to capture the blue sky, the white clouds and the grey mountains so they all stand out!

Terris @ Free Eats February 7, 2013 at 9:50 am

I live in a small town next to Yosemite and think of the park as part of “my backyard.” I had to come over and read your post because even though I go there a few times a month, I can still get goosebumps when I look up at Half Dome. Your pictures are gorgeous and definitely do the park justice. I look forward to future installments!

Julia Holloway March 7, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Those photos are stunning. I like your style in capturing them.