The New York Wine & Food Festival is happening mid-October and though I’m sad I won’t be able to attend it, I was thrilled when Anolon asked me to create a crepe recipe inspired by the grand city of New York. Though New York has a multitude of different signature dishes (blackout cake! pastrami sandwiches! black and white cookie!) I opted to go for an upscale classic dish for inspiration. The Lobster Newburg crepe is easier than it sounds, but perfect for a sophisticated brunch dish or just when you want to splurge a little for yourself. Check out my recipe over at the Anolon’s site for details.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! THANK YOU ALL WHO ENTERED!
GIVEAWAY! As a special thanks to all you readers, I’m also working with Anolon to do a giveaway! I’m giving away the awesome Anolon Advanced Umber 9 1/2-inch crepe pan that I used to develop the Lobster Newburg crepe recipe. If you like crepes, you need this pan! All you need to enter is to leave a comment below and tell me your favorite crepe filling. Savory or sweet, I love hearing what you all love the most. You have until Thursday, October 22, 2015 to enter! (Only one entry per person please.) The Fine Print
By leaving a comment below to enter, you are agreeing to the Official Rules.
▪ NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
▪ VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
▪ You must be over the age of 18.
▪ This contest is only open to U.S. Citizens. Sorry non-US people!
▪ The contest starts as of today, and will run until Thursday, October 22, 2015, 9am PST.
▪ The retail value of this pan is about $29.99.
▪ Only one entry per person please. Any additional comments by the same person will be discarded in the final selection process.
▪ The winner will be chosen by a randomly selected comment. All comments will be numbered and I will use Random.org to pick a random number.
▪ The number of eligible comments below determines the odds of winning.
▪ If there’s a problem with contacting the winner, I reserve the right to award everything to someone else randomly chosen. So in other words, make sure you type in your correct email address if you want the cookware and respond within 72 hours to me when I contact you or I’ll give everything to someone else.
▪ The prize is being delivered directly from Anolon or their parent company. If they have not delivered the prize to you within three weeks of me notifying you of winning, please reach out to me again and I will do follow up to make sure everything is OK. Please keep in mind we are all human and things happen. I will do everything within my power to make sure the prize is delivered in a timely manner.
A special thanks for Anolon for sponsoring this post and this awesome giveaway. I’m teaming up with them for the months of October, November and December to create recipes for their site for the fall and winter! Follow their hashtag #HolidayHosting for more recipes and fun! I was compensated for developing the recipe on their site as well as this post and all Anolon products were provided by them. However all opinions above are totally my own and are not endorsed by Anolon.
i’m super boring and just love a plain ol’ berries and cream filling!
We have the cutest little crêperie right around the corner from my home. It is called Sweet Paris Crêperie & Cafe in Houston. They have amazing breakfast and dessert crepes, but my favorite are the dinner crepes. The Ham and Gruyere never gets old!
Heather (Delicious Not Gorgeous) says
just a swipe of butter and some cinnamon and sugar! then i can really taste how delicate and buttery the crepe is. i’m a massive sugar addict, though, so i’m never “opposed” to a custard or nutella filling! (:
Anna Sattali says
I love this pan
Anything with bananas!
Pears and cheese!
The Suzzzz says
Brie, prosciutto, huckleberries seasoned with rosemary.
Jane, The Heritage Cook says
I’ve never done it, but I think a cannoli filling would be awesome!
I love them simply with butter and jam or loaded with broccoli and cheese and peppers.
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way says
Our favorite crepe filling is a spicy beef enchilada filling gently surrounded by cornmeal crepes. This is the best enchilada recipe EVER!! Instead of the chewy tough flour crepes, the cornmeal crepes are tender and compliment the beef jalapeño filling. Now our crepe pan is all worn out — we haven’t made our delicious beef enchiladas in a while and I’d love to be able to replace it. Thank you for letting us have the opportunity to win one.
Holly Siminski says
I love blueberries in mine!
I really love a crepe in my town’s creperie that has chicken, goat cheese and pesto!
I love the classic strawberries and whip. I will definitely give these Lobster Newberg savory crepes a try though.
Stacey Conley says
Oh to choose- I like both types but do lean towards savory, crab with a lovely sauce.
I love them with warm blueberry filling…kind of like a lighter version of a blintz.
Strawberries with a cream cheese and whipped cream filling.
Erin R. says
Ooh, looks good! I love that you can get as fancy or as simple as you want with crepes. I really like them rolled up with just a bit of honey, then cut into slices and eaten with a fork.
I have to say that I’m partial to sweet crepes – Nutella and sliced bananas are my favorite!
Alison H. says
Strawberries & cream!
Judy Cinerari says
My favourite crepe filling is apricot jam made from fruit we pick from our back yard apricot tree. Yumm.
libby rouse says
I love any crepes, but especially sweet fruit ones!
Thanks for this reminder that it’s been much too long since I’ve made crepes! My favorite filling is a thick cream sauce with chicken and mushrooms, flavored with thyme or tarragon.
lemon juice and powdered sugar…just roll them up…delicious…
edward ang says
Who doesn’t love light airy crepes?? Now, gotta learn how to make it!! 🙂
Kaitlin Sansenbach says
My favorite crepes are savory breakfast ones! Ham, cheese and egg crepes are amazing.
I like Nutella crepes
Susan Christy says
I love chicken & mushroom crepes.
Amy L says
I like “apple pie” crepes, filled with apples sauteed with butter, sugar, and spices.
Nutella, dark chocolate, and berries!
Linda r says
I love cream cheese and parsley and ham …!